Favorisme contacter Flux RSS
Search :

Save water

Think about the journey that water takes before arriving at your tap: it is decanted, filtered, treated, chemically tested, then channeled through pipes before finally arriving at your home. Wastewater is collected, treated, then discharged into rivers. What a lot of effort when most of this water is not even used for drinking purposes. Indeed, the proportion of water consumption that is used for drinking or cooking is estimated at 7%. The other 93% comprises potable water for watering gardens, washing cars, flushing toilets, etc.

Here are a few tips to reduce your water consumption, pollute and spend less:

Simple and quick

Place a brick in your toilet tank. This will reduce the volume of water used for the flush by the brick volume. And generally speaking, a few liters less of water doesn't affect the efficiency of the flush.

Don't leave the faucet running while brushing your teeth; invest in a glass instead.


Buy toilets with a dual flush capable of providing a half- or full-flush. Thus, water is saved at every flushing of "number one".

Check all seals and avoid pipe leaks.

Choose the shower over the bath

When taking a shower, turn off the water while soaping. If it is important for you to maintain the exact shower temperature, invest in a temperature regulator.


Install a rainwater collection tank and use the water for watering your garden and washing your car.

Drop of water

Be-ecolo recommends the following website Traduction Ink

Bookmark and Share
Fleche retour bas
You like this website? You can contact us and put this page as your home page